Are you asking yourself how do I start an online business at home or how to start a business with from home? I guess the answer is “YES” and that is why you are here. Now let’s see how you can start your own online business working from home. First of all, I would say that starting a business online follows almost the same steps involved when planning to start any offline business.
Whether you decide to start a small online business or aiming for a big one, the success of a business have nothing to do with the size or platform you are using. It is only concerned with the correct marketing facts, creativity and achievable ideas along with your strong desire to succeed!
Some businesses come to life and die before their expiry and the ones that sustain are those that are built on the solid foundation of proper market research and smart players who always want to make it big no matter what.
There is a proven sequence of steps you can follow to guarantee your success when you are starting a small business online and help you to know how to start a online business from home with any product of your choice. I have seen thousands of people start and grow successful businesses online just by following these important steps:
Step 1: Find out everything about the online business industry.
It is recommendable to give yourself time to learn and talk to experts and experienced professionals in the online business industry to get the basics which will help you as you go on with your business online.
For example if you want to sell electronics online, you have to understand the market first. You should know all about it and only if you find it profitable, should you decide to enter it. Take into account the present financial condition of the market, the returns existing sellers are getting on their investments, turnover, and gross and net profit ratio and so on. To learn the basics how online business operates click here.
Step 2: Find the need of your customers and fill it.
It is a myth that you know your customers first but most people who are just starting out online business make the mistake of looking for a product first, and a market second. Don’t make the same mistake.
To help your odds of successful business accomplishment whether online or offline, start with a market. Try your best to discover a group of individuals who are searching for an answer for something and yet not finding the required outcomes.
The web makes this sort of market research simple. There are many ways out there you can use to do this, but down here let’s discuss three ways;
- Social Media Polls: Take advantage of an amazing Facebook inbuilt tool for marketers to win the majority via polls. You can put up some business related page or your question in a poll format on your wall and analyze the response you get. Also, you can visit online forums to see what questions are being asked from individuals and what problems they need answer from other members.
- Google Trends: This search tool will allow you to see how often specific keywords, subjects and phrases have been queried over a specific period. The data gathered will help you to come up with a better decision.
- Google Search: Do keywords research to find keywords that many people are searching, but for which not many sites are competing. By so doing you will come up with an informed decision on how big or small prospect customers you have on whatever you want to do.
Step 3: Review Your Product.
Give importance to your audience and the chances of your business increasing exponentially are really high. If you find out that the results from step one is matching with your business ideas, then go ahead. But in case the audiences have different needs, it is recommended to look into their needs first and do not try to push and sell your ideas.
You have to center around how your product or service is exceptionally capable of taking care of individuals’ issues or improve their lives. Adopt the thought process of a client and ask “What’s in it for me?”
There is a proven sales copy formula that takes visitors through the selling process from the moment they arrive to the moment they make a purchase, see how you can take advantage of it;
- Arouse interest with a compelling headline.
- Describe the issue your product solves.
- Establish your credibility as a solver of this problem.
- Add testimonials from people who have used your product.
- Make an offer.
- Make a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask for the sale.
Step 4: Plan efficiently and effectively.
When steps 1 and 2 are complete do the setting for your product and marketing plan. Engineer your product, website, products on display, etc. in such a way that it is easy to use by all. This is very important and should not be overlooked.
Also, creating an effective communications plan is essential. Decide which communication channels you are going to use to reach out to your target audience. What are you going to communicate and many more questions need to be effectively asked, answered and hence planned.
Some key communication channels you can consider when planning your business;
- Social Media
- Mobiles phones
Step 5: Financing or funding your business.
Money is the blood of any business, so you need to keep some part of the money intact to take care of your business expenditures. This is one of the major steps for your online business because your development, either on the product or the marketing will rely on the funds you are able to collect.
Before you start to calculate your existing fund or how many funds you need, here are some sources of funding or investment at your disposal:
- Self-funding: As a founder of your online business equip it with most of what you have in your pockets if not all. It is considered to be the most effective and inexpensive way to ensure your business’ positive cash flow.
- Friends & Family: You can go and reach out to your inner circle of people for investing in your idea.
- Seed Capital: This is the initial stage of raising funds or investments from outside. Seed funding can be done by an individual or a group of investors.
- Venture Capital: If your firm is either the most profitable or could revive all the negative cash flow afresh. Citing these possibilities a venture capitalist will pump in funds in your company system.
If you want to start online business at home and for some reason you have funding problem you can see here How to start a business without the money online.
Step 6: Creating a responsive website for your business.
Make sure the website design is compatible with all the major operating systems and devices. The customers tend to prefer websites that are compatible with all types of devices. Therefore, your site runs flawlessly on mobiles, smart phones, tablets, and every other device.
The good thing to note is the truth that due to technology advancement now you can create an e-commerce site with a single step. The easy interface and the freebies are going to help you do more with your e-commerce site. Here are steps when creating your business website;
Register your Domain.
As far as e-commerce website building is concern, domain name is considered as the face of your site. Make sure that your domain name is memorable and relates to your business. This will increase your audiences’ brand recall rate, awareness and hence sales; broadening your online business opportunities and scope.
Design and build your website.
Now that you have your market and product, have nailed down your selling process, you are ready for your online businesses start home web design. Just make sure to keep it simple. Some vital hints to remember when you design and build your site:
- Your website is your online storefront, so make it customer-friendly.
- Choose one or two plain fonts on a white background.
- Make your navigation clear, simple, and the same on every page.
- Only use graphics, audio or video if they enhance your message.
- Include an opt-in offer so you can collect e-mail addresses.
- Make it easy to buy, no more than two clicks between potential customer and checkout.
Website hosting services.
Online businesses are up scaling rapidly and hence there are many webs hosting services offered for free. If you are serious about running an online business for a really long-term in the future then it is better if you buy your own hosting services.
Customized or paid services are flexible enough to provide you with all that you need for your site such as templates, structure preference, code your own program and so on. Opt for a service which allows you to grow, upgrade or update regularly.
Step 7: Use search engines to drive targeted buyers to your site.
The pay per click(PPC) advertising is the easiest way to get traffic to a brand-new site. It has two advantages over waiting for the traffic to come to you organically. First, PPC ads allow you to test different keywords, as well as headlines, prices and selling approaches and second PPC ads show up on the search pages immediately.
Not only that you can use PPC ads to discover your best, highest-converting keywords but you also get immediate traffic. Then you can distribute the keywords throughout your site in your copy and code, which will help the rankings of your website in the organic search results. To learn more on how to get FREE traffic to your website through proper use of search engine optimization (SEO) click here.
A secret to your success!
In this cut-throat competition online, it is the services that will give you the edge over others. Treat customers politely and try to give them smooth services. The procurement and shipping should be timely. The packing must be neat and clean. Use only durable packaging material for your products and give the customers the best price possible without charging any hidden costs.
Have question or any experience to share?
Thanks for passing by and reading my article. If you still have questions on how start an online business at home or have any experience to share just leave it in the provided space below. I will be happy to hear from you!